Teqball is a football-based sport, played on a specially-curved table (the Teq table), which is attracting a new generation of athletes and amateur enthusiasts (teqers), whose ambition is to develop their technical skills, concentration and stamina. The sport, which was created in Hungary in 2012 is a truly gender-equitable game, as the rules define that teqball shall be played between two (singles) or four players (doubles), irrespective of gender. The sport follows a points-based scoring format and can be played on various surfaces such as sand, acrylic or indoors. Teqball allows players a maximum of three touches before returning the ball to the opponent, so if you can juggle a football three times, you will excel at teqball as well. Teqball is the purest use of a football, with the rule of no physical contact allowed between the players, or between the players and the table, helping eliminate the risk of impact injuries.
- Estimated 2000 players in more than 100 countries
- 105 established National Federations
- Over 2000 clubs all around the world
- Over 500 FITEQ trained referees
- 3 World Championships organised (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Sport recognised by 3 Continental Olympic Associations (OCA, ANOCA,ONOC)
- GAISF Full Member Status